Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI is offering application fee waivers. A limited supply of waivers is available. If you’re interested in receiving a fee waiver, please contact Kris and he’ll get a waiver to you based on availability!
Marquette offers clinics in prosecution and public defense, unemployment compensation and mediation, and law and entrepreneurship.
Marquette offers specializations in areas including:
- Business and Commercial Law
- Criminal Preactice
- Dispute Resolution
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Health Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Legal Writing and Research
- Public Interest Law
- Public Law
- Real estate
- Sports Law
- Water Law
Application fee waivers are available for Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas, as well as for Cardozo School of Law in Manhattan. If interested, please send a note to Kris Katkus, UO’s Prelaw Advisor, at email@example.com! The supply of waivers is limited.
University of Oregon School of Law will be hosting an open house that includes a mock law class, information about the application process, and a chance to explore program options and student life.
RSVP by contacting lawadmissions at uoregon dot edu.
Considering a legal education? UO Prelaw Advising will be hosting two information sessions in October to outline the steps to law school and ensure a competitive law school application!
These workshops are free and open to the public.
Considering Law School
Wednesday, Oct 12, 12-1 pm in 195 Anstett Hall
Get a sense of what law schools look for in applicants, how to finance a legal education, and hear from current law students’ experiences.
Applying to Law School
Wednesday, Oct 26 at 12-1 pm in 360 Oregon Hall
Review components of a competitive law school application, including an effective personal statement, and avoid common application pitfalls.
MSU hosts a series of webinars addressing different aspects of the law school admissions process. Yes, they dedicate a slide or two their own program, but most of the information in these presentations can be very helpful to potential candidates, regardless of the school they hope to attend.
- 10 Tips for Success in the Law School Admissions Process – Weds., Sept. 28, 4:30 p.m., PDT
- Marathon Training for Maximizing Your LSAT Score – Weds., October 5, 4:30 p.m., PDT
- Legal Careers Panel Presentation – Weds., October 12, 4:30 p.m., PDT
- Crafting a Winning Law School Personal Statement – Tues., October 18: 4:30 p.m., PDT:
- Should I Become a Lawyer? A Roadmap for Those Thinking About Law School – Weds., October 19: 4:30 p.m., PDT:
- Recommendations for Assembling Competitive Law School Application – Weds., October 26, 4:30 p.m., PDT:
Free — Registration required
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. PST
This webinar will offer expert advice to undergraduates (and those in the work force) who are in the early phases of considering law school. MSU Law’s two expert presenters – a highly experienced pre-law advisor from a public flagship university and a veteran dean of law admissions and admission consultant – will address the following topics:
- Courses, experiences and skills that can provide a strong foundation for success in law school
- Recommendations for learning about legal careers and suggestions for learning about the costs and returns of a legal education
- A timeline for preparing for and applying to law school
- Strategies to position yourself for admission and scholarship opportunities at the law schools of your choice
Missed the event? A recording of the webinar will be available here.